Hire Terms & Conditions – Updated 2021 – V1.2
- Installation & set up is NOT included in our basic hire prices.
- Quotations are valid for 2 weeks. Until any deposit has been paid we cannot guarantee availability of hire stock for your event.
- It is the responsibility of the hiree to ensure all items listed on the invoice are correct. Please contact Jaques & Co Ltd if any amendments are required.
- During the hire period from the time of delivery until the goods are collected and accepted back into the possession of Jaques & Co Ltd the hiree assumes all responsibilities and liabilities of the items.
- All hire goods are ‘used’ and thus having reasonable signs of wear and tear given that they are items used for continual hire. Please be aware that the colour and condition may differ slightly from photos on our social media channels and website. We welcome any appointments to meet and view our stock prior to your booking.
- Jaques & Co Ltd cannot be held financially responsible for any expense incurred between hiree and the venue with regards to hire items use or storage.
- The hire period is for a maximum period of 3 days, commencing when items are signed for upon delivery by Jaques & Co Ltd. Goods are typically delivered the day prior and collected the day after.
- All bookings are for a single event, held on a single day, unless arranged in advance.
- Any extension to the standard hire period is quoted on an individual basis and must be agreed before your event.
- The goods shall at all times remain the property of Jaques & Co Ltd.
- Upon making a booking, a deposit of £200 or 20% of total hire cost including delivery (whichever is the bigger amount) is required to confirm your order. Upon receipt of this your items will be reserved for your event.
- This amount is in addition to your hire items and is used as a security deposit for any potential breakages, damages and losses. This will be refunded once the balance has been paid and all items have been returned and checked by Jaques & Co Ltd. Any charges will be deducted from this amount if necessary. Should the cost of the damages exceed the security deposit amount, then an additional invoice will be issued for these costs. Damage costs will be applied in respect of time taken to repair damage. If items are irreparable or lost, they will be charged at current market rate as well as for future losses of hire.
- The balance of your hire cost must be paid at least 30 days prior to the start of the hire period including delivery charges.
- Payments may be made via BACS. Specific payment details will be given at the time of placing your order.
- All goods will be delivered to you clean and ready to use.
- All items should be cleaned before collection by Jaques & Co Ltd. This is simply a wipe down of any furniture. Failure to do so will result in a charge of 20% of the total hire cost.
- Please do not use candles directly on our tables, the wax can be difficult to remove and will result in a charge. The same applies for nails, staples or similar – please do not use these on our furniture.
- Furniture will be stained if wine / water spillages are left uncleaned overnight. You will be charged for cleaning or repairs for any furniture where this occurs.
- It is strongly recommended that you obtain appropriate insurance for all goods hired from Jaques & Co Ltd to ensure that the goods are fully covered with regard to theft, damage and public liability risks. All breakages/damages/losses will be charged accordingly, including charges for loss of hire.
- The stock must be stored securely at all times as stolen items will be charged including loss of hire damages.
- The goods are for indoor use unless specifically stated, therefore must be stored indoors (a marquee is acceptable).
- Damages will be charged dependant on the individual item
Delivery and Collection
- Our delivery service is an additional cost which is dependent upon the quantity of items hired and the distance for delivery.
- Delivery drivers are not required to set up furniture at your event. This is an additional chargeable service that we offer, please contact us for details.
- Access must be accurately communicated to Jaques & Co in advance so we can quote the job appropriately and arrange a suitable delivery team.
- There must be appropriate parking available for delivery / collection. Parking fines as a result of not informing us of sufficient delivery and collection areas may also be chargeable.
- Deliveries / collections are based on our drivers having easy access to a ground floor location, between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Any distances over 25 metres from our vehicle to your drop off point may incur a further charge. Any fields / woodland, hills, lifts or stairs may incur an additional charge and must be discussed in advance if you require us to carry our goods through these to your drop off location.
- Jaques & Co Ltd will make every effort to deliver and collect goods at an agreed specified time, however it will not, under any circumstances, accept liability for any expense borne by the hiree for any delay in delivery or collection.
- We will define a time window of approx. 2 hours for your delivery. We will do our best to keep to this schedule, however, sometimes due to circumstances outside our control we may be later. We will of course keep you informed if we believe we will be late.
- You must provide a representative to meet the driver at delivery & collection, in order to confirm the condition and quantity of the items hired and sign for the safe delivery. It is your responsibility to note any damages at time of delivery. If the hiree or a representative of the hiree is not present for delivery or collection, the goods will be deemed to have been delivered in a clean and undamaged condition.
- Tables must be collapsed and stacked in preparation for collection, in the same way they were dropped off. Benches should be stacked, but left assembled.
- The hiree agrees to prepare the items for collection, at the time period agreed or specified in the Jaques & Co delivery sheet. Failure to prepare the items on time will result in an additional 10% charge of the total hire.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to Jaques & Co Ltd.
- The following cancellation charges will apply based on the warning period given:
With all cancellations you will be charged £200 or 20% of the hire costs, whichever is larger. With late cancellations you will be charged additionally as below.
|8 – 4 weeks before the event date||50% of full hire cost will be charged|
|4 – 2 weeks before the event date||75% of full hire cost will be charged|
|Under 2 weeks before the event date||100% of full hire cost will be charged|
- Book with confidence – Once your deposit has been paid, the date and hire stock is secured for your event. If you have to postpone your event due to COVID-19 then we will allow you to change the date accordingly, subject to availability. If we cannot accommodate the revised date, or do not have sufficient stock available, then we will refund your deposit.
- Jaques & Co Ltd shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to person or property arising from the use of the equipment under hire.
- Our furniture is reclaimed, antique and rustic, therefore there may be splinters, nails, screws and rusted metal in some of our furniture. It is the hiree’s responsibility to take reasonable precautions to avoid injury to themselves and others or damage to clothing when moving, lifting or using our goods.
- The hiree is responsible for the safe handling of all equipment. Two people are required to carry tables, benches and other heavy items. Please be careful not to hurt your back or catch your fingers or clothes when moving/lifting any of our items.
- All items are checked and regularly maintained. Due to the nature and age of the items hired you hire these at your own risk.
- All equipment has been tested and checked before delivery – however in the event of any uncertainty please contact us before attempting use.
- It is the hiree’s responsibility to make their guests aware of the conditions of hire and usage of Jaques & Co stock and to make them aware of their health and safety responsibilities to themselves and others.
- Please ensure you / your guests refrain from standing on our tables and benches
- Keep all items away from heat sources as flammable materials may have been used in the manufacture of hire stock.
How Jaques & Co Ltd may use your Personal Information
- Provide delivery drivers with your contact details so they can contact you regarding delivery and collection information.
- We collect your name, venue address, contact details and bank details in order to return your deposit.
- Contact details are held on our accounts programme Xero and on our bookings sheet.
- Bank details are held on Xero and held by Starling bank. These systems are all GDPR compliant.
- Bank details are erased from Xero and our bank every 3 months.
- The data will never be shared with a third party (except the delivery driver).
- At any point you can request where the data is stored and ask to have the data erased.
- All images and wording on our website and social media channels are copyrighted to us and may not be used by anyone other than us without prior permission.