The rise in popularity of more simple, rustic, laidback weddings in recent years such as festival themed weddings, forest themed, outdoor barn style weddings and boho weddings not only provides a more relaxed atmosphere but can sometimes be a more affordable option too.
If you’re planning your own DIY rustic, festival or marquee wedding here’s our view on some of the top items to consider hiring for your big day:
- Tables – how about long banquet style rows for an informal feel?
- Seating – benches can be another good option to create a relaxed atmosphere
- Bar – either a staffed bar from a supplier, or a “dry hire bar” where you provide your own drinks and someone to man the bar
- Lighting – festoon / string lighting works well with a rustic / festival theme
- Bar Items – how about buckets of ice to keep the beers cold, or drinks dispenser for water on the bar?